Industry Experience: 39 Years
Raja Jubran is the founder, Chief Executive Officer, and 50% stockholder of the Company. Raja has led the Company’s management team since its incorporation in 1985. Overall direction of the firm, pursuit of its vision, and adherence to its mission are top priorities for him, although as CEO, he maintains a broad overview of the operation of the firm, along with the rest of DCI’s strong team of executives. Beyond his general contracting accomplishments, active involvement in serving and improving the community is an important obligation as well for Raja.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering; The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Raja brings to the team a wealth of construction experience and a deep understanding of a client’s expectations, assuring each project’s ultimate success.
Raja is the immediate past Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees for The University of Tennessee (term: 2012-2018) and served as Chairman of the Executive & Compensation Committee and as an ex officio member of all other Board Committees. He is an Emeritus Member of The University of Tennessee Tickle College of Engineering Advisory Board.
Raja was previously a Board Member and Chairman of the Loan Committee of Clayton HC Inc., which was acquired in 2017 by FirstBank. He was recently elected to the Boards of Directors of FB Financial Corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiary, FirstBank.
Raja has made a point of giving back to the community through work with many state-wide non-profit organizations. The list below represents Raja’s current and past involvement in non-profit and community organizations.
Other Current Community Involvement:
- Member of the Clayton Foundation Board of Directors
- Member of the Innovation Valley, Inc. Board of Directors
- Member of Leadership Knoxville Class of 1997
- Member of Leadership Tennessee Class of 2013 (inaugural class)
- Member of The Ramallah Club of Knoxville
Abbreviated List of Past Community Involvement:
- Member of the Clayton Bancorp Board of Directors (2008-2016)
- Member and Treasurer of Tennessee Business Partnership Board of Directors (2014-2017)
- Chairman of the Knoxville Area Chamber Partnership Board of Directors (2001-2003)
- Chairman of the Jobs Now! Investors Council Campaign for Economic Development (2003-2004)
- Chairman of the Leadership Knoxville Board of Directors (2006-2009)
- Chairman of the Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation (KCDC) Board of Directors (2000)
- Member and Chair of Great Smoky Mountain Council, Boy Scouts of America Board of Directors (2015-2018)
- President of the Knoxville Opera Company Board of Directors (1998-1999)
- Member of the Maryville College National Advisory Council
- Member of the YMCA of Knoxville Board of Directors
Honors and Awards:
- 2013 Knoxville Chamber James A. Haslam II Chairman’s Leadership Award
- 2005 Business Hall of Fame Laureate, Junior Achievement of East Tennessee
- 2004 Nathan W. Dougherty Award, The University of Tennessee College of Engineering
- 2000 Presidential Elector for the State of Tennessee