Industry Experience: 35 Years
Raja Jubran is the Chief Executive Officer and 50% stockholder of the company. Overall direction of the firm, pursuit of its vision, and adherence to its mission are top priorities for him, although as CEO, he regularly reviews the activities and decisions of all divisions. Beyond his general contracting accomplishments, he has made a point of “giving back to the community” through work with many state-wide non-profit organizations.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering; The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Raja brings to the team a wealth of construction experience and a deep understanding of a client’s expectations. As Chief Executive Officer, Raja maintains a broad overview of the firm and, along with the rest of Denark’s Team, assures each project’s ultimate success.
Raja is currently the Vice-Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the University of Tennessee (Term: 2012-2019) and serves as Chairman of the Executive & Compensation Committee and as an ex officio member of all other Board Committees.
Raja also serves on the Clayton Bancorp Board of Directors, Clayton Bank & Trust Board of Directors, is Chairman of the Board Loan Committee, and is a member of the Board Executive Committee and the Trust Committee.
Active involvement in improving the community is an important objective for Raja as well. The list below represents Raja’s current and past involvement in non-profit and community organizations.
Other Current Involvement:
- Member of the Clayton Foundation Board of Directors
- Member and Treasurer of Tennessee Business Partnership
- Member of the Innovation Valley, Inc. Board of Directors
- Chair of GSMC of Boy Scouts of America, Council Friends of Scouting
- Member of Leadership Knoxville Class of 1997
- Member of Leadership Tennessee Class of 2013 (inaugural class)
- Associate Member of Nucleus Knoxville
- Member of The Ramallah Club of Knoxville
- Chairman of the Knoxville Area Chamber Partnership Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Jobs Now! Investors Council Campaign for Economic Development
- Chairman of the Leadership Knoxville Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation (KCDC) Board of Directors
- President of the Knoxville Opera Company Board of Directors
- Member of the Cherokee Farm Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Member of the Knoxville Public Safety Foundation Board of Directors
- Member of the BB&T Regional Board of Advisors
- Member of The University of Tennessee College of Engineering Advisory Board
- Member of the Historic Tennessee Theatre Foundation Board of Directors
- Member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Knoxville Board of Directors
- Member of the Maryville College National Advisory Council
- Member of the YMCA of Knoxville Board of Directors
- Member of the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors
- Member of the Knoxville Museum of Art Board of Directors
- Member of the United Way of Greater Knoxville Board of Directors
- Member of the Baptist Health System Foundation Board of Directors
Honors and Awards:
- 2013 Knoxville Chamber James A. Haslam II Chairman’s Leadership Award
- 2005 Business Hall of Fame Laureate, Junior Achievement of East Tennessee
- 2004 Nathan W. Dougherty Award, The University of Tennessee College of Engineering
- 2002 Outstanding Alumnus for the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, The University of Tennessee
- 2002 Brotherhood/Sisterhood Award, National Conference for Community and Justice
- 2000 Presidential Elector for the State of Tennessee